“The Mask You Live In” Curriculum is here!
We’re thrilled to share the sneak peek of The Mask You Live In Curriculum cover art below! With the upcoming release of our K-2 grade, 3-5 grade, middle and high school, and university curricula, we’re starting a dialogue around healthy masculinity when boys need it most.
As early as elementary school, boys confront messages that encourage them to disconnect from their emotions, devalue authentic relationships, objectify and degrade women and girls, and resolve conflicts through violence.
That’s why this week we encourage you to learn more about the curriculum and how to bring it to your community. With our tools and your support, youth across the nation will be able to overcome limiting stereotypes and fulfill their human potential.
The Representation Project and Jennifer Siebel Newsom in the News
- TIME, “What Does It Mean to ‘Be A Man’?” 3/2
- The TODAY Show, “New documentary looks at definition of masculinity,” 3/4
- Huffington Post, “Sports Company Under Fire For ‘Sexist’ Washing Label Reading: ‘Give It To Your Woman. It’s Her Job,’” 3/9
- Huffington Post, “We Need to Talk About Toxic Masculinity,” 3/12
- Take Part, “Kathy Griffin’s ‘Fashion Police’ Exit: Body Shaming Is Going out of Style,” 3/13
- Huffington Post, “Women’s History Month: 5 Women Who Planned to Win,” 3/18
- SF Chronicle, “Jennifer Siebel Newsom a leader of new generation of feminists,” 3/27
- Regina Leader-Post, “Man up Against Violence program helping to redefine masculinity,” 3/27
- Business 2 Community, “The Hashtag Effect,” 3/29
- SF Gate, “‘The Mask You Live In’ has a good reason to make all boys cry,” 3/29
- Huffington Post, “The State of Masculinity in America and the One Film Every Man Must See,” 3/30
- Bustle, “‘Game Of Thrones’ Kit Harington Says He Hates Being Called A ‘Hunk’ & Reminds Us Of Hollywood’s Sexist Double Standard,” 3/31