Our Top 10 Signs from the 2020 Women’s March
The 4th Annual Women’s March took place on Saturday in Washington, DC, along with hundreds of cities across the United States and around the world. The theme of this year’s march was #WomenRising2020, and organizers hoped to mobilize support for a movement by and for women in the face of continued attacks on our bodies, our rights, our immigrant communities, and our planet.
If you weren’t able to make it out to a march, we’re bringing the best of the marches to you through a roundup of the best protest signs we saw across social media.
- Louder for the people in the back!
“Include queer and WOC in your feminism”
- An homage to AOC—the youngest woman to serve in the U.S. House of Representatives.
“Rockin my hoops & red lips just like a Congresswoman”
- We felt this one.
“I got 99 problems and white hetero-normative patriarchy is all of them!”
- The future’s looking bright.
“Future freedom fighter” We’re gonna need her!
- The Women’s March is for ALL women, femme-identifying people, and our allies.
“Support sisters, not just cis-ters!” Because trans women are women too.
- Mas Feminismo, Menos Machismo. Sí, Por Favor!
“More Feminism, Less Machismo.” Yes, Please!
- Raising awareness for missing and murdered indigenous women
4 out of 5 Native women are affected by violence. Learn more about this epidemic here.
- Make America Empathetic Again
In the words of a similar sign we loved: “ Think of the most vulnerable person you know, and vote in their best interests.”
- Shout out to the men who marched with and for women!
“Men of quality do not fear equality!” Yes!
- Feminism is for everyone!
This is what two feminists look like!
Take Action! Keep up the activism all year long. Let these signs inspire you to fight for political and social change in 2020. Write letters to your elected officials, send postcards to voters in battleground states, check your voter registration status, and vote!