Happy Birthday President Trump: Here Are The Lessons I Hope I’ve Taught My Kids By The Time I’m 71
Today is President Donald Trump’s 71st birthday. To celebrate, here are seven things I hope I teach my kids by the time I’m his age:
- Treat everyone with respect and compassion, especially those less powerful than you.
- Stay true to yourself and know that your interests, ambition, and capacity for empathy aren’t limited by your gender.
- Always tell the truth even it doesn’t serve your self-interest.
- Know that women are not objects for the grabbing and men who cry and change diapers are stronger and braver than men who start fights.
- Institute healthy relationships in all aspects of your life. Understand that these relationships require honesty, respect, and equality over blind loyalty.
- Seek out dialogue with and believe people whose experiences are different than your own.
- Remember that a rising tide lifts all boats. So celebrate and support the success of those around you.
What would you add to the list? Let us know by tweeting @TheRepProject!